Does Shingrix Vaccine contain neomycin as the Zostrix vaccine does contain. I have Neomycin allergy by skin testing. Thanks
The shingles (i.e. herpes zoster) vaccine Shingrix does not contain neomycin. This is good news for those with a neomycin allergy as the other shingles vaccine, Zostavax, contains neomycin.
As Shingrix does not contain neomycin, it may be administered to those with a neomycin allergy.
Each 0.5 ml dose of Shingrix contains the following ingredients:
- Recombinant gE antigen (50 mcg)
- Monophosphoryl lipid A (50 mcg)
- QS-21 50 mcg (saponin purified from plant extract Quillaja saponaria)
- Sucrose 20 mg
- Sodium chloride 4.385 mg
- DOPC (dioleoyl phosphatidylcholine) 1 mg
- Potassium dihydrogen phosphate 0.54 mg
- Cholesterol 0.25 mg
- Sodium dihydrogen 0.160 mg
- Phosphate dihydrate
- Disodium phosphate anhydrous 0.15 mg
- Dipotassium phosphate 0.116 mg
- Polysorbate 80 0.08 mg
- Residual amounts of host cell proteins (≤3.0%) and DNA (≤2.1 picograms) from the manufacturing process.
In addition, the the vial stoppers are not made with natural rubber latex.
- Shingrix does not contain neomycin and may be administered to those with a neomycin allergy.