Hello. Can you take Tylenol Severe Cold and Flu with a Zpack?
At a glance
- There is no known drug interaction between azithromycin (the active ingredient in a 'Z-Pack) and TYLENOL® Cold + Flu Severe Caplets.
Thanks for your question!
When it comes to drug interactions, I always try to remind people that some products have more than one drug, and that is the case with 'TYLENOL® Cold + Flu Severe Caplets'. It is important to consider all the drugs involved when answering a question concerning drug interactions.
Having said that, there is no known interaction between 'TYLENOL® Cold + Flu Severe Caplets' and a Z-Pack (which contains the drug azithromycin). They are considered safe to take together.
For your reference, Tylenol Severe Cold & Flu' contains (per caplet):
- Acetaminophen 325 mg (pain reliever/fever reducer)
- Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg (cough suppressant)
- Guaifenesin 200 mg (expectorant)
- Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg (nasal decongestant)
Even though these drugs are available over the counter, it doesn't mean they are without any potential drug or disease interactions. For example, dextromethorphan needs to be used cautiously in those taking certain antidepressants and phenylephrine can be dangerous in those with high blood pressure.
As stated though, there is no known interaction between a Z-Pack (azithromycin) and any of the drugs contained in 'TYLENOL® Cold + Flu Severe Caplets'.